This car was originally owned by Isabel Weld Perkins Anderson (1877-1948), mostly known as Isabel Anderson after her marriage to US Ambassador to Belgium, Larz Anderson, for whom the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, Massachusetts, is named. She was a Boston-area heiress and author who left a legacy to the public that includes a park and two museums.
The crest on the door reads: Captain Ginger - In Virtue Vis surrounding Mrs. Anderson’s monogram. The "Captain Ginger Series" were children’s books written by Isabel Anderson.
In 1948 the car was acquired by Briggs Swift Cunningham, racing car constructor, driver, team owner, manufacturer, and automobile collector. Cunningham also skippered the victorious yacht Columbia in the 1958 America’s Cup race. The car was on display at the Briggs Cunningham Automotive Museum in Costa Mesa California until the Museum’s closing on December 31, 1986.