The Huckster is a style of vehicle used in the early part of the 20th century by peddlers. Normally built by converting a pick-up body,the rear of this type of vehicle was often fitted with a wood enclosure giving plenty of space for wares for sale, such as fruits and vegetables.
This 1928 Huckster was donated to the Museum by Barbara MacQuinn in honor of her late husband, Mr. Ronald P. MacQuinn. It was previously owned by Harry Owens of the Stone Barn Farm in Bar Harbor in the 1960s. The MacQuinns bought the Huckster from Owens in 1994, with the intention of restoring the automobile; however, Mr. MacQuinn passed away before he was able to complete the restoration. His friends Les Brewer, Gordon Young Jr, Craig Robbins, and others recently finished the job Mr. MacQuinn had always wanted completed.