Visitor Services/ Museum Operations Associate
Seal Cove Auto Museum is looking to welcome a Visitor Services/ Museum Operations Associate to our team! This individual will be part of a team that are responsible for welcoming and admitting museum guests when they enter the museum, assisting in the museum shop, answering visitor inquiries about both the museum and the general region, maintaining the museum’s appearance, and assisting with programs and tours as needed.
The successful applicant will be able to provide flexibility with scheduling, and can be available to work as scheduled on weekdays, some weekend days, and if needed during occasional evening events. Reliable transportation is required.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director. While this opportunity runs from May through the beginning of November, there is potential for the successful candidate to transition this role to a year-round position with growth opportunities.
- Open and/or close gift shop and admission desk and galleries, as necessary.
- Assist with gift shop and admissions, including visitor admission and gift shop purchases, maintaining orderly/ organized shop displays, and providing support for programs and tours, as necessary. A comfort level with handling cash and credit cards, as well as making change with a basic point of sale system is required.
- Assist with basic technology within the museum’s displays including televisions, audio devices, and iPads.
- Maintain clean, properly stocked, and organized restrooms and public spaces.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a fast-paced, customer service-focused environment such as retail, hospitalities, a cultural/ recreational attraction, or similar.
- A strong ability to multitask
- Familiarity with basic technology including cash registers/ point of sale systems, and basic online programs.
Skills and qualities:
- Kindness, enthusiasm, and comfort with visitors of all ages and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated punctuality, dependability, and attention to detail.
- The ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the desire to contribute new thoughts, ideas, and solutions that promote the overall success of the museum.
- Multi-lingual candidates and candidates familiar with American Sign Language are strongly encouraged to apply
Salary Range: $18-20/ per hour
To Apply: Please send your resume, a letter of interest, and three personal/ professional references to Executive Director Ethan Yankura at email@example.com. The position will be advertised until it is filled.