We were happy to welcome members as well as some new friends to our Annual Meeting at the beginning of August. Past President Liz McMullan spoke of our recent accomplishments, including:
- Two national awards for our Auto Wars: Then & Now exhibit.
- An unrestricted gift of $20,000, the largest donation the museum has seen to date, outside support from the Richard C. Paine, Jr. Charitable Trust.
- Successfully hosting the national Great Race vintage car rally, with the event’s director singling us out as the most deserving institution of the Great Race for financial support of the participants.
- Launch of the Coachbuilders Society, for those donating $1,000 or more annually.
- Launch of the Accelerators program, a monthly subscription membership option.
Liz also spoke to our goals for the near future, such as continuing to fine-tune successful events and developing new events and programming as appropriate; the creation of a driving track on the museum’s grounds; and embarking of a five-year strategic plan.
Finally, Liz reflected on a recent fund-raising exercise during which board members were asked “What do you love most about the Auto Museum”? The response? The people – the staff, board and volunteers. It is the people and interactions with them are most highly valued – so thank YOU for involvement with the museum, you a part of what makes it such a special place.